Westminster Bookstore

The Absolute Best In Reformed Literature...Check 'em Out!!!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Forecast

Forecast
On that day, when evening had come, he said to them, “Let us go across to the other side.” And leaving the crowd, they took him with them in the boat, just as he was. And other boats were with him. And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?” And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. He said to them, “Why are you so afraid? Have you still no faith?” And they were filled with great fear and said to one another, “Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?”

(Mark 4:35-41 ESV)

 

Why are you downcast, oh my soul?

Because there’s a dark cloud rolling in

And it's about to get cold

No matter where I turn

Just more of the same thing

As I sing, "It is well..."

I'm distracted with the trouble

I know tomorrow will bring

 

You told us to count it all joy

When we encounter these trials

But every step I take

Feels like another hundred miles

I'm not praying for a miracle

I'm just waiting for relief

I know you'd never leave me or forsake me

Lord, help my unbelief

 

Remind me that the struggle

Is what you so graciously give

To conform me to your will

For the benefit of your glory

Grant me the wisdom to be still

And know that the same Spirit

That enabled the Savior

To take beatings, thorns and nails

Is the same that now abides within me

A peace which no circumstance can assail

 

So when life is crashing down around me

And the flood waters start to get higher 

Let my fears be diminished

In the truth that, "It is finished"

And the Accuser is a liar...

 

Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.

 (Psalm 43:5 ESV)

 

Soli Deo Gloria,

Shon

 

 

Posted via email from THE CENTER (ROOM 116)

No comments:

Facebook Badge