Westminster Bookstore

The Absolute Best In Reformed Literature...Check 'em Out!!!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

American Idle


“Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.
(Matthew 10:16 ESV)

And he said to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.
(Luke 10:2 ESV)

If you listen long enough
The world can have you feelin’ a dum-dum –
Make you a sucker for the media
It’ll have you all messed up (and then some)
Nothin’ but talkin’ heads and rabbit holes
Like this is Easter Island
‘Cause we don’t use our heads for much
We just sit there in silence

Until a little birdie comes along
And re-tweets everything the serpent said:
“Just take a look @yourself in the mirror to find out about the truth instead.”
Satisfied to be a pseudo-intellectual
‘Til the end of time
‘Cause when I open up a book
All I see is my face written in every line

YouTube’s the good news
And I’m a feature presentation
Now the only thing I entertain
Is my own selfish inclinations
I’m in Depeche Mode –
My own personal Jesus
Minus the blemish
Keep the nails and thorns

So save the call for American Idol
There’s a new messiah…
A star is borntake a look the serpent said-dum -


“How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn!
How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low!
You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God
I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north;
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’
But you are brought down to Sheol, to the far reaches of the pit. Those who see you will stare at you and ponder over you:
‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble, who shook kingdoms…”
(Isaiah 14:12-16 ESV)

For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies.
(2 Thessalonians 3:11 ESV)



Soli Deo Gloria,
Shon

No comments:

Facebook Badge