Westminster Bookstore

The Absolute Best In Reformed Literature...Check 'em Out!!!

Friday, October 05, 2012

Last Shot

3944213624_74b708d587

If I say, “I will not mention him, or speak any more in his name,” there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot.
- Jeremiah 20:9 ESV


2012 is the year of the Dragon
So it’s like fire in my bones
And I’m about to let it go
Truth so hot
That it’s got your boy spittin’ flames
And let the Word of God
Get “@you” like a Twitter name
I wasn’t tailored to snatch the mic
Swiftly like ‘Ye did
I’m bangin’ out life sentences
Like a Rikers bid
So follow me to be freed
From your life of crime
Catch it if you can
Before you’re out of time
 
He took me from sin-sick
And made me even ill-er
Went from a stone cold murderer
To a natural born killer
Gave me a clean heart
With a dangerous mind
And a Canon full of bullets
To put in every line
Pumpin’ hot 16’s into my voice stream
Hit everything within earshot – never missin’
Take your crooked lines, pull the trigger
Time to lay ‘em straight
Just like your heartbeat…
‘Cause it's death today
 
Taking aim on dead men
Like it’s the Walking Dead
But they need shots to the heart
Not holes in the head
Minds darkened;
Kick-started from the brain stem
Couldn’t find their way out with a flashlight
(Or even two of ‘em)

So I light 'em up in the chest
‘Cause their vests are defective
Self-righteous pride can’t save you
From the heat that I’m packin’
And if you pull your piece
Then peace be still and just let it happen
I’ll be at peace with my Maker
When that choppers’s clappin’
 
So let me clear my throat
And speak a little louder
‘Cause I don’t think you can hear me
Over all of that firepower
Lord, make my narrow straight
And may my shots stay true
He’s got you in the Cross…
And God is still good



For if I preach the gospel, that gives me no ground for boasting. For necessity is laid upon me. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!
- 1 Corinthians 9:16 ESV

Soli Deo Gloria,
Shon

No comments:

Facebook Badge