Westminster Bookstore

The Absolute Best In Reformed Literature...Check 'em Out!!!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I AM

Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”  - Exodus 3:13-14 ESV


“I AM.”
No name given…
No need for an introduction
And “To be or not to be” is irrelevant to the discussion
Preexistence is preempted by His preeminence
So the possibility of extinction is nothing more than ridiculous
Absolute – Life in Him is unabbreviated
His grace and mercy are limitless and His wrath will go unmitigated
Almighty all over
Bruce and Evan, you’re fired
Trumped by the Invisible Infinite
So the myth of Father Time is retired
First person singular of being
Means that in Him we live and we move…
The very reason that we’re breathing
I AM what I AM
I AM, the Son of Man
I AM, the Spirit that gives life
And illuminates all understanding
Far beyond incredible
Forever indelible
His handiwork so legible
That even the rocks become intelligible
Thrice Holy means that every knee will be foldin’
And every mouth confesses His majesty
When our eyes finally behold Him
Sayin’ Holy, Holy, Holy is He
Who was, and is, and is to come
This self-revelation elicits my resignation:

I am a man of unclean lips…I am undone.


Then Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them, “Whom do you seek?” They answered him, “Jesus of Nazareth.” Jesus said to them, “I am he.” Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them. When Jesus said to them, “I am he,” they drew back and fell to the ground.  - John 18:4-6 ESV

Soli Deo Gloria,
Shon

No comments:

Facebook Badge