Westminster Bookstore

The Absolute Best In Reformed Literature...Check 'em Out!!!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Losing Our Minds: The Lack of Doctrine and Discernment in Modern Christianity


"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it." - G.K. Chesterton


There seems to be a modern day trend of not drinking too deeply from the fountain of knowledge that is in the Scriptures; we are all too content to merely gargle...

And as a consequence, many are dying of thirst.

May this presentation from Cross TV encourage us to recover and convict us of our sin, so that we may begin once again to love the Lord Jesus Christ with our minds as well as our hearts and souls (Matthew 22:36-38).

Our very lives depend upon it.


"If you love me, you will keep my commandments." - John 14:15 ESV


"I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you." - Revelation 3:1-3 ESV



Soli Deo Gloria,

Shon

No comments:

Facebook Badge